Re: NSW: On time running

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Hunslet wrote:

> CitRail will go to any length to improve its "on time" running record.
>
> To quote the Station Manager on duty at the time when asked why the
> passengers were no informed of the late-running inter-urban  beforehand
> - "The announcements come from the person in the signal box who is under
> the control of Network Control.   I wasn't told."   I always thought
> that platform indicators were controlled by CityRail staff.

This is unfortunately true. The station staff are now kept in the dark as
much as the passengers, and the indicators + announcements are controlled
by the signal boxes on the line from sutherland to bondi Junction.

> That is how CityRail improves its on-time running.   Doubt worry about
> passengers - they are an inconvenience to ont-time running.   Let them
> catch a later train.

Jeff Lockwood <satan@ihug.com.au>

PGP public key:

  homepages.ihug.com.au/~satan/pgpkey.asc