Re: Early Tangara designs added to web page

Railway Rasputin II <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
> I'm suprised you didn't include Goninans full car mock up that was shown
> in RD a few years back. Good work but.
>
> rgds

I can't remember seeing that issue. Don't know if I have it or not.

Did anyone see Goninan's design for the 4gt at Ausrail last year? It was
similar to the Tangara, but didn't have the curved windows or the glass
panels between the decks. There upper deck winders were in 2 flat sections.
I didn't mind it's looks. Wish I had a picture of it.

bye tr

> "trendy rechauffé" wrote:
> >
> > Trendy's trainpage now includes photos of Tangara models from the mid
1980s.
> > These models are early designs for the Tangaras and most look nothing
like
> > the actual carriages as built.
> >
> > I do not know which companies submitted these designs or who made the
> > models.
> >
> > Other items on the trainpage include:
> >
> > an early design for the DKM/DKTs (V sets) (featuring a little
Tangara-like
> > styling);
> >
> > photos of the mock-up of the Millennium train taken by the legendary
Paul