Re: IP route tilt train?

> Taliesin Walker wrote:
>
> > Would anyone consider it possible to replace the current GSR IP with a tilt
> > train (or something quick) on the Sydney - Adelaide - Perth lines or would
> > this require track upgrading?

This begs the question, how quickly can the trip Perth-Sydney be done?, and would
it be feasible/ possible ?. If we used aXPT how quick would the trip be ? If the
QR diesal Tilt train was running on standard gauge, how fast ? And witha EL
speed geared and pulling say well under half aIP consist???

Not to replace the IP, as others say it is a hotel on wheels- but to be a fast
parcel/people mover.

Regards,
David Head