Re: Bayside Mockup

"Christopher_Martin GORDON" <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
news:8d14eh$bdl$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...

> It is set up on Platforms 3&4 (not a train, it is a mock setup) of about
22
> seats (1/4 of a carrage).
>
> Different ideas are:
> Full height seats or 1/2 height seats (like comeng and Hitachi)
> Red or red/white seats
> facing seats or all facing the same way
> 2 x 2 seats (ie two on each side)
> or 3 & 2 seats (current comeng and hitachi)
>

> For a couple pictures have a look at:
> http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/gallery/other/
>
> Or pop down to Melbourne Central Station (platform 3 & 4, towards the
> Parliment end) today or tomorrow.  If you go tomorrow you can have your
say
> on what you like/dislike.

Since I am up here and the mockup is down there, I will have to give my
opinions here. I prefer the half-height seats (just by looking at them) -
they appear to be almost identical as far as back support goes to the full
height seats, so they should have much the same comfort levels, but the
healf-height seats would probably allow for better security (being harder to
hide things from people a few rows further down).

I prefer the 2+2 seating, BUT it will probably go to 3+2 in order to
maximise seating capacity (and rightly so too). As for colours, I think the
darker red would be the go, as it would not show the dirt as much.

Dave