Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

DTS wrote:

> **Why not catch a train on weekends? I found catching trains on weekends are
> quicker and less crowded and in some cases more fun because of the unusual
> trains (ie. steam trains) appearing.

IMO, They are less crowded because people know now that they CANT get to their
destination without a 75% possibility of having to transfer to a bus. Why catch
a train, bus, train, with added travelling time? If you are a regular weekend
commuter, the inconvenience must be very disturbing.

> Commuters complained about trackwork on
> weekends but remember - in the longer term everyone benefits on reliablility
> as well as safer rail system.

But how long must it go on? I have been living in Sydney now for 15 months, and
I can only think of a handful of weekends where there have not been shutdowns,
and only due to major events (Mardis Gras, Easter Show, Olympic Park Events,
etc..). All I want to do is ride on the system, and see different things, but it
is almost impossible to get anywhere whithout having to catch a bus.

What are the chances that there will be NO shutdowns during the Olympics, but
come October, it all starts again?

Maybe it is cheaper to substitute a bus service than it is to operate a rail
service? Or is the 12% increase going towards the cost of this?

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.

  How do I set my Laser printer to "Stun"?

Personal Website: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko/
Railway Website:   http://www.railpage.org.au/railpix/