Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

Bill Bolton wrote in message <6i11fs0gpj4ngbv9j3la798nns6qqlvodn@4ax.com>...
>"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> more reliable system, one that works 7 days per week (rather than 5 days
per
>> week for 26 weeks of the year).
>
>You must be riding some other CityRail tham the one I ride.

Nope - read ALL of what I wrote. I sadi I would *rather* (note the emphasis)
pay more (that is, MORE than I am paying NOW) to get a more reliable system
(that is, MORE reliable than I am getting NOW).

I am all in favour of the regime they have in the UK (and before anyone
starts yelling "privatisation", they had it before 1994) - if a certain
percentage of trains on a given line were late, then fares for periodical
tickets were reduced. I don't mind paying more for a reasonable quality
product, but if they don't deliver, I expect compensation.

Dave