Re: [Vic] Is the Cityrail boss a pom????

<38EDCC64.FE3EB13C@enet21.com.au>...
> >I bet he holds a UK passport, therefore he is a pom.
>
> So do I and I am not a pom. :-)
here we go again....the "a/s/l" game:-)

Railway Digest praised Simon Lane been one of the best CEO. PTC(Vic)
ever had. He also have good track record back in Scotrail. I think he
is pretty good at it. He can't be blame for everything. The reason why
Cityrail having some difficulty is simiply bad timing...plus years of
ignorance from the government and inadequate funds compare with roads.
Been a British citizen is not the problem....I guess anyone can run a
good company regardless of where he/she came from...it's the experence
counts.

> >Did he get the sack in
> >Melbourne or empty the executive money pot before moving on for new
feeding
> >grounds in the SRA?
>
> These sorts of positions tend to rotate around, a few years here, a
few
> years there.
That's right ....I think NSW government saw his achievements over in
Vic and ask him to fix up rails in NSW. He replaced the troubled "David
Hamilton" (I think) who made a mess.

--
Cheers

James