Re: QR now has it own web site

In article <38ea3015.0@news.topend.com.au>,
  "John McCandless" <johnmc@topend.com.au> wrote:
>  > > Just checked out the "Inlander" page. I think I see what you
mean. Not
> > > much detail, is there?
> >

> > Is not like you can put much in there for Inlander and Westlander
other
> > then the timetable and facilities:-)
>
> Hey, don't knock 'my' train..... :-)
>
> Sorry, what i meant was the timetable details, only showing departure
from
> Townsville
> and arrival in Mt Isa.  Not much help if you want to get off at
Cloncurry,
> for example...
I really hope they can put some more detail in there....histroy of each
station on the travel train route...the scenery...maybe some statistic
detail of the company(rollingstock statistic etc).

After a closer look this morning I noticed the "symbolic plants"  for
Queenslander is "sugar cane" not seaweed. I think they get the idea from
endless sugarcane field along the route or one of the lounge car--->
cane cutter bar.

As for Citytrain, they haven't got any symbolic things for them....but I
remember few years back they used to put stickers of "bats"(I think it's
a kind of bats usually found in Ipswich area) and playtupus( usually
found in the river in the state forrests near Samford Village(close to
Ferny Grove line) on trains.

--
Cheers

James