Re: 442/700 class

Aus loco discussion mailing list

hi scott,
There were six 700's in all. All made the green and gold. The last was 703
in 1988. The original 700 is now 706, the only one of the class on broad
gauge. The rest are on standard gauge. 702 was with drawn in Sept 1994 after
it suffered a generator and engine room fire. It was scrapped in Sept 1997.
Cheers, Justin Cheary