re:Endeavour queries

Aus loco discussion mailing list

I recall several years ago boarding a 6 car Endeavour set at Central.
However, as the front two cars were required for a special booking ex Moss
Vale the next day, they were not available for use by the regular passengers
the previous night.
As the remaining 4 cars were fully loaded by the time we were due to leave
Central, some bright spark decided at the last minute for passengers to
transfer to the front two cars thereby delaying departure for 10 minutes.
Naturally the stops at short platforms were hit & miss in crew lining up
last 2 cars delaying this train even further.
Haveseen other 6 car stetsa as well, usually conveying "dead" sets.
Interesting sight at Moss vale Friday 25/2 was Xploder middle car stowed in
Endeavour stabling area. Don't know what these are coded.
Possibly failure ex Canberra as previously reported.
Regards
Ivar