Cooks River,Delec & Enfield Yards, 24/2

Aus loco discussion mailing list

At Cooks River at 8.30am this morning :

8021 and 8121 were shunting various sidings in the yard, before 8121
departed the yard LE.

EL62 and 1873 were stabled in the yard. If EL54 was on 4SM7 as per Peter's
posting, where have EL51 & EL58 gone? A Willow Tree working perhaps? Any
news appreciated.

What I thought were two 80's came under the Princes Hwy bridge heading for
Botany with a rake of mt conflats.

At Delec

8151 was at the wheel lathe and a whole collection of what looked like 49
and some 48 class locos in a variety of colour schemes were on one of the
storage roads, easily viewed from Cosgrove Rd.

While at Enfield Yard at 9.15am :

8171/8126/8139 were idling in the yard with a mixed load of oilies and
containers.

4873/4878 were idling at the southern end of the yard with a rake of oil
tankers. (Aside for Chris, they didn't look as though they were going to
hang around too long, engines fired and ready to depart)

8005 was stabled with a rake of containers.

8627/8614/ ... /8626 were stabled by the main building.

Best regards,

Rob