Alice Springs, 22-23/2

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Good morning, everyone!

2AL7N arrived about 40' early last night, at 1908 - track conditions
must have improved, as I think this is the first early arrival since the
rains began a fortnight ago.  One of Sunday morning's departure units
was at the head - the second time they've done this out of my three
sightings of the Sunday train, so maybe a regular roster?
NR46 / motorail / 5-well set (single stacked) / flat / open wagon with
steel / LPG tank / 5-pack / 5 single flats / 2-pack / 5-pack / 2-pack /
Seatrain gondola (appropriate with our flooding) with a container /
2-pack / flat / 3-pack / 12 Mereenie tanks = 47 wagons.

NR46 then ran this morning's 4LA6N; the yard crew were at the entrance
to the yard at 0620 as I drove in this morning, so it may have been
about to depart (though I didn't sight it, as I couldn't see right down
the yard from where I was).  Loading being prepared yesterday evening
included a motorail wagon, a double-stacked 5-well set/ 2 single-stacked
5-well sets, 5-pack with centre well / 2-pack / 5-pack / flat / 5-pack /
2-pack / 4 flats / 2-pack / 4 flats.  Most of this was the rest of the

"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now"

Regards,

Peter Donaghy
Relieving Manager, Alice Springs
ph. 08 8952 6020