Re: 8239 return from S.A.

Aus loco discussion mailing list

>From: "emd567" <emd567@mitmania.net.au>
>Subject: Re: 8239 return from S.A.
>Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:41:51 +1100
>
>Aus loco discussion mailing list
>
>Late nights must not agree with you Ivar,
>the train no. should be 7YN2 shouldn't it or is this a train
>that runs over the mountains.
>7YN3 or what ever it is would be Sunday's train in to Sydney or is the no.
>suppose to be 6YN2 arriving Sydney
>Saturday.
>I'll shut up now, I'm even confusing myself.(not that that's hard)
>On the south Danny
>Are you pickin' on me, Danny boy?
I did query the train number with my "snout" but he ensured me it was 7YN3.
I have also seen it reported as YN3 in Catch Point & Digest. From memory, it
changes to YN2 somewhere along the way, perhaps Port Augusta, Broken Hill or
Parkes. Perhaps some South Aussie can clairfy.
As to it having a 7 prefix, as the train leaves Whyalla in the early hours
of Saturday mornings it has a 7 prefix and it takes just a day and a half
roughly to get from Whyalla via Parkes down our way. I guess you've been
away from "work" too long.
Anyway, this subject is getting off the guidelines of ausloco, so hows about
you show me how to subscribe to railaustalk.. you know my computer skills
are just above zero.
Catch you later, Big fella
Regards
Ivar