Freight Corp 48s

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Good (early) morning all,
Sorry, Bob, 4871 is indeed PL2. It is 4870 that will be rebuilt into either
PL3 or 4. (now that i am back at work I don't get onto Ausloco until after
around 2230 and my brain becomes a little scrambled).
I recently posted a mesage saying 48 class were infrequent visitors on the
Short South.
Almost the next day Danny posted several sightings and today Friday 11th
Feb. proved to be quite fruitful.
At around 00.05 I heard 1239 Canberra oil go past my place so I got outa bed
& chased the thing to Yerrinbool. Didn't realise it was behind TM56 Tahmoor
coalie, and it eventually turned up at Yerrinbool at 00.29 behind
8045/4891/4854 (yumm). About a minute later un up mill wheat arrived behind
48103/48120/4859 !. Worth missing out on an hour's sleep.
Then tonight at Moss Vale 9329 empty wheat arrived behind
8132/8130/4875/4876.
As a final hurrah, back home at Bargo @ 23.50 4375 empty canola ex Newcastle
to Harden area (?) headed south behind 48165/48161/4846.
Good on ya, Freight Corp. This one may be worth catching, you guys on the
main south, although the weather doesn't look too promising.
Hope this is of interest.
Ivar