Re: B80

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Alan Holding wrote

>Any news on the progress with B80.
>E.G.
>- Bogies exchanged yet?
>- Moving from Ballarat when?
>- Moving to SA when?
>We are aware of the std gauge bogied GM's run to Melb of course.

Evening all.

My understanding was that B80 was due to be transfered to Melbourne for
bogie exchange and then to make a test run to Albury on the new sg bogies
before the move to SA ready for a start in one months time. However as
already reported it was still at Ballarat East today, and I gather still has
a bit more to be done before leaving for Melbourne.

So the only B class action right now is still B61, which is back on track
after the drama Craig described last week. Saw it on Wednesday and pretty
sure I heard it pass through Geelong tonight on the 18 00 down Warrnambool
pass (much brassier and more dignified horn than the S class, but then I'm
biased).

Regards,

Russell Armstrong
Geelong, Vic.