[NSW] [OT] Sorry, No locos next weekend

Aus loco discussion mailing list

I see at http://orient-expresstrains.com/tplanner/gspe/index.html  that the
Great South Pacific Express *IS* in Sydney on Sat. 12 Feb.   This will make
an intersting sight somewhere near Flemington!

As I recall, north freights were routed via Wynyard during shutdowns some
time in the early 1990s.  Which led to some concern about the loading on
the stuctures that support the North Shore platforms at Wynyard and Town
Hall.  Are there official restrictions on axle loads or gross loads for
North Shore freights?

For the record, the passenger information at
 http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/upgrading (reproduced below) gives a pretty
strong hint that the North Shutdown is only between Strathfield and North
Strathfield.

Rgds

Bill

NORTHERN LINE

Saturday 12 February

A rail service will operate between Hornsby and North Strathfield and
between Strathfield and Central.
Buses will replace trains in both directions between North Strathfield, and
Strathfield.

Sunday 13 February

A rail service will operate between Hornsby and North Strathfield.
Buses will replace trains in both directions between North Strathfield and
Strathfield, Lidcombe and Wynyard.

NEWCASTLE & CENTRAL COAST LINE

Sunday 13 February

Intercity trains will operate via the North Shore Line between Hornsby and
Central.