Re: 42206

Aus loco discussion mailing list

emd567 wrote:

> Aus loco discussion mailing list
>
> The engines could be for 42106(?) ex storage at Thirlmere.Does anyone know
> if 06 is only for spares or if it is to return to service
> On the south Danny

Yes it is a going engine as I have since found out that it actually worked
from Chullora to Clyde yards. To get 42206 going again, a bogie change was
carried out with 42202, still at Chullora.  I understand that 42202 will also
be rebuilt over time.  NRR have plans for 42206 as noted in my first posting

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis