Re: Exeter happenings

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Hello,

Because of the interest shown in the recent operation of the CFCLA EL class
in NSW and Vic., I wish to clarify the information on the earlier posting
for the benefit of anyone intending to attempt to photograph the operation
of MS7 at the Sydney end of it's journey.

On the couple of occassions that I have personally chased MS7, I have found
the train to depart Goulburn around 5-20am. (ie Has followed an Endeavour
set out).

This has meant that it passes Douglas Park around 7-30am.

This very early running has been confirmed by a well-known and very
respected photographer who tracks this train whenever a chance of a 'sunny'
exists.

There appear to be only two variations to the above running.

The first is if there is extreme late running. This occurred late last year
on two occassions in the one week for example.

The second is if it runs even earlier and gets stabled at Picton to cross
the aforementioned Endeavour set. I am unsure if this has actually happened
since the EL's have appeared.

It is important to understand that very little photographic opportunities
normally exist. Even less for the return running of SM7 unless you are
prepared to venture into the city.

If it can be confirmed that from as recent as last Friday, MS7 indeed runs
to a later schedule, than I for one will be much happier!

Bye.