ADMIN: NEW Administrator/Moderator/ListOwner

Aus loco discussion mailing list

To ALL Subscribers,

I'm pleased to advise that I've accepted Bob Gioia's offer to take over All
aspects of AUSLOCO.
This will occur over this weekend.
I have a great deal of respect for Bob, and I'm sure everybody will be as
pleased as I am !!
Bobs views, are of course, not aligned with any groups, publications or
societies.
He has also had a fair amount of experience Administrating and Moderating
other 'Special Interest' Mailing Lists.
Bob is very much a dedicated Australian 'Railfan' has always shared his
knowledge, 'without favour'. And this alone will be of great benefit to
AusLoco.
AusLoco's Guidelines should be basically the same as they are now.
But, there will be some changes. And I'll let Bob outline these over the
weekend.

ONCE AGAIN, I SINCERELY THANK ALL THOSE AUSLOCO'ites WHO OFFERED TO TAKE
OVER THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE 'LIST !!

I'm sure that with Bobs guidance a lot of those motive power and running
people who have abandoned AusLoco recently, will return.

As I mentioned previously, I will, over this weekend, establish on LISTBOT a
SELF-Moderated and UN-Administered Mailing List called RAILAUSTALK, or
something with a similar name.

Basically, the intended purpose of this 'List is to allow a 'General' Forum
for those 'Topics' that fall outside AusLoco guidelines !!

I will keep everybody informed, in regard to Subscription information.

A few AusLoco Subscribers have also expressed an interest in having a 'List
that covers specific Topics. Preservation, Freight Wagons, Passenger Cars
and Infrastructure, for example. If someone is willing to nominate
themselves to Moderate and Administer these 'Lists then I am quite willing
to assist with establishing these. I should point out that no technical
knowledge of a computer nature is required. But you will need the time to
answer correspondance (best described as 'complaints', in most cases) and to
try and keep everybody 'on track' !!

Regards
Patrick J. Buchanan
mainline@cyber.net.au
The MAINLINERS Gallery WebSite
<http://www.sydney.cyber.net.au/~mainline/index.html>
The Ausloco Mailing List Information Page
<http://www.sydney.cyber.net.au/~mainline/ausloco.html>